Our Benchmarks

  • Precise Always Accurate Analysis
  • Professional Expert Statistical Solutions
  • Only Customized Approach
  • Affordable Prices & Special Discounts

We Guarantee

Correlation and Regression Analysis

If you’re reading this right now, chances are you’re not very good at statistics. That’s not a problem here.  Let us break it down and help you with correlation and regression analysis.

statistical data analysis schema

What Are Correlations?

Correlation is a statistical concept that explains the relationship between two variables. Remember that the variables are the unknown numbers like x, y, and n that you’re trying to solve for. Correlations can have coefficients ranging from -1.00 to +1.00; the negative coefficient means there is a negative, or inverse, relationship between the variables. On the other hand, the positive coefficient means there is a positive relationship.

Example of a negative correlation: The more times Fred asks Susie out on a date, the less interested she becomes in Fred.

Example of a positive correlation: The more hours spent studying, the higher the test scored received.

What Are Regressions?

A correlation explains the relationship between variables. A regression explains how the relationship changes when the variables change or vary.

Regression example: A student scored a 95, 82, and 91 on her placement tests. In those classes, her final grades were 92/100, 89/100, and 94/100. A regression explains how the placement test scores affect her final class scores.

Regression and Correlation Analysis

It’s one thing to understand the concept of correlation and regression, but another to actually analyze them. It all starts with approaching the coefficient. Is it a whole 1 or a percentage? Is it a positive or a negative coefficient. When you take these items into consideration and actually analyze the numbers, you are able to explain them.

  • Example of correlation analysis: The coefficient for the relationship between Fred asking Susie out and the likelihood she’ll say yes is -0.80; this means that there is a negative correlation. In other words, Fred asking Susie out on a date makes her less and less likely to say yes. However, the number is a decimal number, not a whole number. That means that Fred bothering Susie explains 80% of why she won’t date him. This implies that the remaining 20% of why she says no is because of other reasons.

Regression and Correlation Analysis

Correlation/ regression analysis may be too difficult for some people to understand. That doesn’t change the fact that you need to do correlations and regressions because your grade depends on this. Whether you need help with correlation and regression analysis, or you want a math expert to do the data correlation analysis for you, we can be of service!

Our online academic help service employs some of the best math experts in the industry, and they can guarantee your success. Why stress when you can leave it to the experts?